That pumpkin can be used for more than just a spooky face!
- Use the Pumpkin flesh for cooking: puree, butter, chutney, chunks for soups, stews, or risotto. Pumpkin spice lattes, anyone? Lots of possibilities!
- Roast those seeds! Just clean and dry them, add a dash of oil or butter, season to your liking, and roast at 375 degrees for 15-30 minutes.
- In the City of Barstow or Town of Apple Valley you can put your used pumpkins in your organics cart (bagged with your other food scraps) to be composted.
- Plant them whole in your backyard so they can compost in your garden. You may get your own pumpkin vines growing next year.
- Donate to a local animal sanctuary or farm for feed.